Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween is right around the corner...

...which means I've been busy sewing! I'm working on Littles' Halloween costume, which is taking forevvvvvvver. So I've been taking breaks here and there to sew up some of the Halloween "Ooga Booga" fabric I got a while back.

Fitted:
IMG_9999

Pattern: Sprout Snap (one size)
Outer: Cotton interlock (KAM Snaps)
Hidden layer: Bamboo fleece (purchased through a coop)
Inner: Bamboo velour (Nature's Fabrics)
Soaker: snake style, 3 layers bamboo fleece, one layer bamboo velour. Intended to be folded in two to fit whatever rise setting the shell is on.

IMG_0001

This diaper turned out pretty small. Noob is still mostly in mediums, and on the medium rise setting in his one-size diapers, but he's on the large rise setting in this diaper and looks like he might outgrow it soon! So I would say this is a pretty small one-size. This pattern has a unique feature where you can snap the rise snaps into the waist snaps to create a "newborn" setting. It's teeny tiny!

IMG_9998

Action shot... Noob was not pleased to be my model :) He's not a fan of wearing diapers these days, at least not around the house.

IMG_0006IMG_0011

All-in-two (AI2):
IMG_0022

Pattern: Sprout Snap (one size)
Outer: Cotton interlock
Hidden layer: PUL (fabric.com)
Inner: Microfleece (wazoodle.com)
Soaker: Snake style, three layers bamboo fleece, one layer microfleece

IMG_0020

I wanted to try out an all-in-two style with a cotton outer layer. Supposedly, using a fabric like microfleece on the inner prevents moisture from getting through to the cotton outer, where it would wick. Unfortunately, the two times that Noob has worn this diaper, he has pooped within minutes of putting it on. So I haven't been able to see how it holds up to lots of moisture.

Action shots... sorry, the lighting wasn't the greatest on some of these:

IMG_0105IMG_0127

IMG_0122

I'm not sure I love this pattern. It seems a little baggy in the butt for Noob, and just fits oddly throughout. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I like the Halloween Ooga Booga fabric! I am itching to sit back down at my sewing machine, but this carpal tunnel is killing me.

    ReplyDelete