Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More cloth diapering stuff

I sent the wet/dry bag that I made the other night to Noob's sitter today, and it worked well! I sewed up a second one tonight:

IMG_0282 (2)

I got both zippers going the same direction this time :) But I goofed on the handle again. I decided to make it with a layer of the printed woven cotton, backed with a layer of denim, to make it more durable. I thought I cut enough woven cotton to be able to fold it over, hiding the denim. But I didn't. So now the denim is visible on the back of the handle, and it looks a little funny. But it's not too bad, and it does make the handle feel a lot less flimsy.

We're also sending lots of cloth wipes over to Noob's sitter, so I made some more for us to use at home:

IMG_0281 (2)

Cloth wipes are super easy. This page gives a couple of options for how to make them. I do the "Tricky" way, which is really not all that tricky. In the past, I've made wipes out of old flannel receiving blankets or t-shirts, but I got fancy this time and used a cute flannel print -- from the Joann's remnant bin, of course. They came out great!

I love cloth wipes because they save so much money. For less than $10 in materials and an afternoon's worth of work, you can easily sew up a stash of cloth wipes that will last you for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment