Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The tutu fix

A few weeks ago, I blogged about a tutu that I made for Littles' dance class, and mentioned that the waist was a little too big. Well, I fixed it! I simply added some snaps on the waistband. This makes the tutu much more adjustable, and more secure, too:

IMG_0187

It's hard to see in this picture, but I placed the snaps right above the seamline going through the middle of the ribbon. They only go through the ribbon, not through the tulle, so they are hidden by the gathered tulle above the seamline and aren't very visible when the tutu is on.

This also addressed the problem with the old ribbon waistband where it was hard to tie it tight enough to prevent a gaping hole where the two edges of the tutu didn't quite come together. With the snaps, the two edges naturally overlap, creating a nice smooth look:

IMG_0189

Littles approves of the fix :)

IMG_0188

I love those snap pliers! They come in handy for so many projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment