Monday, April 4, 2011

Wool shorties

It's starting to heat up down here in Texas, and Noob's wool longies are getting to be a little too toasty. So during yesterday's naptime, I sewed up a pair of wool shorties. Same idea, just a shorter length.

IMG_2420

I used another one of the wool sweaters out of my huge box that I bought for $10. This one is a little scratchier than the one I used for the longies, but not too bad. It looks black in this picture, but it's actually dark blue in color.

As always, I used the free Katrina pattern. Size small with about a 3" inseam after hemming.

For the waistband, I used the ribbing from the bottom of the sweater, in a single layer (rather than the double layer that the pattern calls for). The ribbing is really stretchy, so I made the waistband one size smaller than the body of the shorties, and it's perfect. It also has that contrasting gray trim, which looks really cute!

Have I mentioned how much I love this pattern? It is so easy and versatile.

No comments:

Post a Comment