Sunday, April 24, 2011

More wool shorties

IMG_2840

Yeah, yeah, another pair of wool shorties. I've almost got enough to call it good for the summer months -- well, unless Noob outgrows the smalls over the course of the summer. Which is likely. At which point, you'll be subjected to more of these posts as I sew up mediums. Sorry.

Anyway, I got the sweater that I used for this pair during the same thrift store run where I got the one that I used for the last pair. I think this one cost $1.50 -- expensive, I know! :) But here's why I was willing to pay that much. For starters, I love the color. It's very denim-y, so I think it will work nicely with shirts that I'd normally pair with jeans. Also, I love the wool. I mentioned previously that lambswool is probably my favorite type of wool for diaper covers. My second-favorite type of wool is cashmere. It's not quite as thick as lambswool and tends to stretch out easily, but it is soooooo soft! Well, guess what this sweater was made out of? 95% lambswool/5% cashmere! It is soft like cashmere, but feels like it will hold up better like lambswool. It's also a nice weight for hot Texas summers, not as thick/hot as lambswool but more substantial than cashmere.

As always, I used the Katrina pattern, size small. I used the ribbing from the bottom of the sweater for the waistband, and cut it one size smaller since it's so stretchy.

I love how these turned out. I think they'll see a lot of use this summer!

IMG_2805IMG_2801

No comments:

Post a Comment