Saturday, February 12, 2011

Another fleece sleep sack

IMG_0996

This one is made out of the same McCall's 4236 pattern that I've used to make sleep sacks in the past. I made it with long sleeves this time, as sometimes Noob doesn't have any clean long sleeve shirts at bedtime. So I think it'll be handy to have a sleep sack that he could wear over short sleeve shirts, even in winter. But to be honest, the sleeves were a pain to sew on, and they limit how long Noob will be able to use the sleep sack (hard to believe, but we probably won't be using heat anymore two months from now...) so if I do any more in this size, I'll probably do sleeveless again.

The fabric is Joann's blizzard fleece, in an ice hockey pattern -- Hubby plays ice hockey! I don't love the print, but it was in the remnants bin during the great 75% off remnants sale, when blizzard fleece was already on sale for 50% off. So I got four feet of it for about two dollars. I usually avoid blizzard fleece for cloth diapering stuff because it's not as stretchy as anti-pill fleece, making it tougher to fit over diapers, but for a sleep sack, stretch isn't too important.

Noob is sleeping in it tonight and it fits him well.

No comments:

Post a Comment