Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Yes, even more baby gifts!

Hubby knows about as many people having babies as I do. One of his co-workers has a newborn at home, and his boss's wife is due any day. They both live in Boise and are big Boise State fans, so Hubby asked me if I could make some things for their babies.

Hubby neglected to tell me that the Boise State colors are bright blue and bright orange :)

BoiseState

Remember how I said in my last post that the Lacrosse Girl fabric wasn't as hot pink as it might appear on your monitor? Yeah. This fabric really is just as bright as it appears on your monitor!

Hubby assures me that his friends' wives are Boise State fans, too. I hope so, because women have to stick together, and I don't want to force some poor new mom to dress her child in orange and blue!

Anyway, aside from the fabric, nothing new from a sewing perspective. For the big boss, I made a sleep sack (McCall's 4236), fleece pants (Katrina pattern), a "soft shirt" out of a onesie, and fleece booties (Mini Mocs). Since spring is just around the corner, everything is 6-12 month size, for wearing next winter.

IMG_1980

It's hard to read, but the fleece booties say "Boise State" on the heels:

IMG_1982

I debated over what to use for the soles. I considered using the faux suede or the anti-slip sole material that I've used on Mini Mocs for Noob and Littles. But I eventually decided that it would be cute to do more Boise State fleece on the soles, and that this would work fine since the baby likely won't be walking when he wears them (and therefore won't need a grippier sole). So, here's what the bottoms look like:

IMG_1983

Here is another view of the onesie sleeves. The onesie is another one of the ones I picked up on clearance at Babies R Us.

IMG_1981

Since I have so many onesies and so much fabric, I made a second onesie in 0-3 month size that just has the "Boise State" logo on it. Just so Hubby's boss doesn't have to wait quite so long to dress his baby in blue and orange!

For Hubby's co-worker, I just did a "soft shirt" onesie and a pair of fleece pants:

IMG_1992

I'm glad I was able to finish all that without being blinded by the colors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment