Sunday, December 26, 2010

Fleece sleep sack (again)

The nights are getting chilly here, and the fleece sleep sack that I sewed for Noob a few weeks ago is working out beautifully. On a recent trip to Joann's, I saw some Texas A&M University fleece in the remnant bin. One of our friends is a proud Aggie and she has a baby boy just a few months younger than Noob, so I got the idea to sew another sleep sack for them.

IMG_9855

It took some careful planning to line up the plaid correctly across the zipper in the front, but I think I did a pretty decent job. This shot also shows how the zipper ends about an inch or two below the neckline, so that it doesn't jab into the baby's throat:

IMG_9857

Hopefully this keeps little D warm this winter! I plan to sew up a few more of these for Noob, because they are super easy to sew and handy to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment