Friday, December 10, 2010

Fleece sleep sack: I finally finished a project!

IMG_9779

This is one of the projects I mentioned that I've been working on in my last post. I finally finished! It's a fleece sleep sack to help keep Noob warm this winter.

The pattern is McCall's 4236. It's great! Just two pattern pieces to cut out, and then it's pretty easy to sew. This was one of my first attempts sewing a zipper, as well as finished armholes/neckholes -- both are little tricky at first, but I'm getting the hang of them.

This is a size medium. I compared it to a size medium Halo SleepSack, and it appears to be practically the same size/shape.

I made it out of navy fleece just because that was the first piece of fleece I pulled out of my stash that had enough yardage :) But as I started sewing it up, I thought it might look cute with some Dallas Cowboys decoration on it. The football helmet applique is from some Dallas Cowboys fleece that I've been using to make pajama pants for the kids. It was easy to sew on, and I think it makes the sleep sack look less plain.

IMG_9780

I finished this after Noob went to sleep tonight, so he'll have to wait till tomorrow to wear it. But it definitely suits him better than the hand-me-down sleep sack he's been wearing :)

IMG_9776

No comments:

Post a Comment