Friday, December 31, 2010

Silvermist slippers

After receiving her Silvermist costume for Christmas, Littles wore it for three days straight. On Day 2, she developed a nasty cold, and I felt so bad for her walking around the chilly house in bare arms/legs/feet (because, of course, she refused to wear anything but the costume) that I decided to at least do something about the feet.

So I pulled out the Sew Darling Mini Mocs pattern. I've sewed this pattern up a few times before and I love it! If you're familiar with Robeez soft soled shoes, Mini Mocs come out looking very similar. They are super easy to sew and the pattern is free!

The pattern includes sizes 0-6 months all the way through 4 years. For Littles, I used the 4 years pattern, but since she has her daddy's wide feet, I cut it a little bit wider. For fabric. I used scraps of crushed panne from her Silvermist costume top for the outside toe and outside heel pieces. I used anti slip sole fabric (found on the notions wall at Joann's) for the outside sole. And for all of the inside pieces, I used light blue fleece, to make the slippers soft and warm.

I think they came out really nicely!

IMG_0024

A good shot of the anti slip sole fabric:

IMG_0025

I managed to get her to wear a long sleeve shirt as well as the slippers, but she still refused to put anything on her legs...Oh well.

IMG_0170

No comments:

Post a Comment