Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pajama pants: Instant gratification!

I've been working on a couple of new projects over the last week or so, but I haven't actually finished any of them! I'm getting close, so I'll show them off soon.

In the meantime, last night, I whipped up a pair of pajama pants for a Christmas pajama party at Littles' preschool, using some Disney Princess fleece I bought a while ago. I actually didn't realize that the party was today until about 10:30 last night! So I used the free Katrina longies pattern, which I've sewed up about a zillion times before, because I knew I could do it quickly. Sure enough, I was done by midnight -- and I took a conference call for work in there (with a colleague in India). Not a bad night's work.

The end result... I'm not wild about the front. I don't really like how the pattern is almost (but not quite) the same on both legs:

IMG_9771

The back turned out better, but I don't know why I cut Cinderella off so much, because I really didn't need to! Oh well. That's what happens when you work fast.

IMG_9772

Over the summer, I had made some fleece shorties for Littles to wear as pajama bottoms, using the same pattern and the same fleece. I also made a coordinating Sleeping Beauty shirt, using a Hanes toddler underwear shirt (size 2T/3T) and some iron-on embroidery that I got on clearance at Joann's:

IMG_9773

It ended up going nicely with the new pajama pants! I just put a long-sleeve white t-shirt underneath so she wouldn't be too cold.

Littles wasn't really cooperating for pictures, so these are the best action shots I could get:

IMG_9693

IMG_9770

The pants are size extra large, with about a 12" inseam (hemmed). You can see in this next picture that they're pretty big on Littles, especially when she wears them over underwear like she did today. (She is daytime potty trained.) But she still wears a diaper overnight, so I like to make sure her pajama pants have plenty of room for a diaper as well:

IMG_9695

Instant gratification! Now back to work on my other projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment