Thursday, May 26, 2011

Another diaper

Here's what I sewed up last night. No action shots, as I didn't have time, and now we're leaving for the long weekend.

Very Baby Basic AIO pattern. This is a "medium long" size (see tips) -- basically, I added about 2" to the rise of the medium pattern. Outer is the same camouflage knit that I used on my last diaper. Hidden layer of bamboo fleece inside. Inner is suedecloth from Joann's. Soaker is a layer of bamboo fleece and a layer of suedecloth.

IMG_3940

Crossover aplix tabs:

IMG_3941

IMG_3943

Suedecloth is stay dry, so I'm hoping this will make a good overnight diaper. I'm just a little concerned because synthetic materials like suedecloth tend to hold onto stink more than natural fibers like bamboo. We'll see how it goes!

While I didn't take pictures, I did try this on Noob briefly this morning, and it seemed to fit well. Definitely a higher rise than the regular medium size, so no fear of plumbers crack :) But the waist is still a little bigger than I'd like, especially considering that Noob is towards the top of the listed weight range. Maybe when I get back from our weekend trip, I'll experiment with adding a few inches to the rise of the small pattern, to see if that gives me something that's long enough in the rise without being so big in the waist.

No comments:

Post a Comment