Friday, May 20, 2011

Two simple dresses (that Littles refuses to wear :)

I know I've been somewhat diaper-obsessed as of late, but I've managed to squeeze in a few non-diaper-related projects as well.

I made two simple dresses for Littles:

IMG_3733 IMG_3816

The one on the left is made from pre-shirred fabric from Joann's. It's ridiculously easy to make a dress out of this stuff -- just cut and hem it to the right length, add some straps (I made straps out of the bottom of the fabric, but you could just use ribbons if you wanted), and go!

The downside is that it's normally super expensive -- about 50 cents an inch, I think. But it was on sale for 50% off and then Littles found this particular piece in the remnants bin, so it was another 50% off, bringing it down to under $4 for the piece. And it is really beautiful!

Unfortunately, the remnant was just a tad bit smaller than what I would have cut had I been choosing the length, so it's fairly tight around Littles' torso. Probably because of that, she hasn't wanted to wear it a whole lot, but I did get a few action shots of her wearing it:

IMG_3728 IMG_3732

The dress on the right above is a standard pillowcase dress. I can't even remember what blog I got the directions off of, but if you search around for "pillowcase dress tutorials," you'll find lots of options! Good thing this one was cheap (I made it out of an old pillowcase that we had around the house) because Littles refuses to wear it! Oh well.

Hmmm, maybe I should stick with diapers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment